Pratima Sherpa is Nepal’s first female professional teen Golfer. At the age of 19 she has necessary skills & talent to become the first female golf pro in Nepal. Pratima was born and bought up in a small shed which is inside the Royal Nepal Golf Club of Nepal. Growing up seeing the golf game she realised golf is her passion. You can read more about Pratima Sherpa age, biography, education, family, golf history, favourites, facts and more below.
|Famous for||Nepals First Female Professional Teen Golfer|
|Age||19 years as of 2018|
|Sun-sign||Will be updated later|
|Birth Place||Gaucharan, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Lives in||Shed located inside Royal Nepal Golf Club|
Gaucharan, Kathmandu, Nepal
|Father||Pasang Tsering Sherpa|
|Race / Ethnicity||Tibetian|
|Height||5ft / 152.4 cm|
|Weight||42 kgs / 92 lbs|
Education & Career
|School||Baba Batika Secondary School|
|College||Prime College, Nepal|
Thames International College Kathmandu
Pratima’s father Pasang Tsering Sherpa and mother Kalpana Tsering are both labourers working in the Royal Nepal Golf Club. Pratima’s parents met while working at the Royal Nepal Golf Club and married.
While her mother has retired from working, her father still continues to work at the golf club. Her father was little hesitant while pratima practiced golf as he thought golf is a sport for elites. Pratima is grateful to her parents for raising her with healthy self-esteem and good education.
- Pratima sherpa was exposed to golf since her early age.
- Pratimas golf practice started at the age of 12 using a wooden club sets and borrowed club kits.
- While she attended the schools during day time pratima practiced golf in the morning and night.
- Sachin Bhattarai is her trainer at Royal Nepal Golf Club.
- It was only in the year 2012 pratima a got a full set of golf clubs.
- In 2015 her golf training was interrupted as the Royal Nepal Gold Club turned into refugee camp due to the earthquake.
- Pratima has so far worn 30+ trophies in golf tournaments and events.
- Pratima continues to work and train hard to achieve her goals.
Favourites & Facts
- She was a born and raised in a small maintenance shed inside Royal Nepal Golf Club.
- Her favorite sport is offcourse Golf.
- Tiger wood is Pratima’s favourite hero, golfer and athlete.
- Pratima flied to USA to meet Tiger Woods and woods gave some training on Golf.
- Meeting Tiger Woods is Pratimas life changing moment.
- Pratima reads the letter sent by Tiger Woods daily to get inspired and motivated.
- Pratima presented a RNGC Cap to tiger woods when the duo met.
- Qatar Airways and Gokarna Forest Resort sponsored Pratima and Sachin Bhattarai US trip.
- She is on the course to become No 1 Female Golfer in Nepal.
- Pratimas dream is to represent Nepal in the Olympics and win a medal.
- A US couple offered to adopt Pratima, but she declined.
- Pratima faced problem to get her passport as her father did not a birth certificate of himself.